A Word From Your Church
July 31, 2020
For more information and resources go to our website tbcraleigh.com
Our Most Recent Update by Dr. Jeff Roberts
Dear Trinity Family,
I am excited to share with you that we have set a new date for returning to campus for worship in our Sanctuary. Our new date is August 16, 2020. On this date we will hold one worship service at 10:55 a.m. on campus in the Sanctuary. On this date we will return to live stream of the 10:55 a.m. service as our online worship option. In this way, our Trinity family will be worshipping together, whether in person or virtually, in the same hour. We will monitor our attendance at our on-campus option and decide later on adding another on-campus option to ensure social distancing. We have delayed our re-gathering numerous times over these past several months. Each time has been the attempt to minimize risk to our congregation and also to be good neighbors in our community. We did not want to be part of the problem but part of the solution. We believe we have arrived at a place where we are confident of our plans and can ensure a minimal risk to those who would worship on campus and also that our worship service would be a minimal risk to the community as well. Thus, we are prayerfully ready to make this step and transition.
The most important part of our plan to re-gather is our own actions. We encourage everyone to not only follow good protocols while on campus but at all times. In doing so, we not only create a safer environment for worship re-gathering but also for our neighbors, co-workers, and families. As we make our plans to meet, please review the information that we are providing for on-campus worship.
We are using for our mission statement:
Because we love our family of faith, we will seek to minimize risk and trust our congregation to act responsibly.
We will seek to minimize risk
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. —John 13:34-35
1. We will offer one worship service at 10:55 a.m. (We will be monitoring our participation and a second service will be added at the appropriate time.)
2. The 10:55 a.m. Worship Service will be streamed live so we can all worship together whether in person or online. (There will not be an early service offering in this transition.)
3. Entrances for Sunday Worship on Campus:
i. Main entrance to Narthex
• Elevators will not be used. (Please park in back if you do not need an elevator.)
ii. North Six Forks Rd. (Office Portico)
• Intended for those not able to use stairs. (Please park in front lots if you would normally have used an elevator.)
iii. South Six Forks Rd. (Bldg. A/B Portico)
• Intended for those not able to use stairs. (Please park in front lot if you would normally have used an elevator.)
4. Greeters will be at entrances and will ask for your confirmation of the following:
a. The self-health check.
b. Understanding of hygiene & sanitation guidelines.
c. Everyone should wear a face covering. (For those without effective masks, supplies are planned at Trinity.)
d. Social distancing will be practiced at the entrance. If you find yourself waiting in line, please distance using the markings on the sidewalk. If you can, we suggest arriving to church a few minutes earlier than usual to accommodate the entry and seating protocol.
5. Ushers will direct you to seating to facilitate social distancing as people arrive. We plan to use five sanctuary entrances.
6. We will sit in every other pew.
7. Ushers will assist with an orderly exiting from the sanctuary to facilitate social distancing. We will ask participants to exit directly through the sanctuary and facility doors through which they entered.
8. Restrooms will be limited.
We will ask our congregation to act responsibly
Do nothing out of selfish ambition. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. —Philippians 2:3-4
The act of returning to campus requires a great deal of trust in one another. This is why we need everyone to do all they can to not only protect themselves at this time but to protect one another. With this in mind, we ask the congregation to follow these recommendations:
1. Please self screen your health. If there is any doubt regarding your health in regards to exposing someone else to the Corona virus, or you are in a high-risk category or have a compromised health condition, we ask you remain home at this time and join us through virtual worship.
2. Wear a face covering.
3. We will ask everyone to social distance while in the building and on campus.
What to expect in worship
1. The worship service will be abbreviated.
2. Offering plates, hymnals, and pew Bibles have been removed from the Sanctuary. (Please bring your own Bible.)
3. Bulletins will be online.
4. The offering will be received as you exit. You are also encouraged to continue giving through online methods as well as bank drafts and through mail to our Post Office Box.
5. Remember, that although worship will look and feel different, God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow and deserves our praise.
Great is the Lord and worthy to be praised! — Psalm 145:3
Dr. Jeff Roberts