You can STILL participate in TBC 20 in 2020… at HOME!
Here are some Ideas:
North Raleigh Ministries is in need of some items for their food pantry. Especially during a time where people are out of work and school. Here are some items they need:
- Canned chicken, Canned salmon, Spaghetti sauce, Spaghetti noodles, Canned soups, Peanut butter, Jelly, Rice (regular sized bags), Cereals, Granola, Canned pasta with meat, Spam, Vienna sausages, Non refrigerated country ham products, Beef jerky, Cleaning supplies (new, unopened), Toilet paper, and Paper towels
- You as a family can take food & supply donations to the NRM Thrift Shoppe donation door (9650 Strickland Rd, Suite 161). People & carts will be available to accept your donations. (You don’t even have to get out of your car!)
- If you prefer to financially donate, NRM will use the funds to buy meat. Thank you for thinking of our neighbors.
- This is a GREAT way to teach our children during this time!
Pray for Missionaries!
- Missing GA’s RA’s and Missions friends? So am I! Use this Missions Prayer Calendar as a guide of how to pray for other.
Learn some Bible verses as a family…. Here are some ideas:
- Bible Verses for Families to Learn
- Pick One a week, one for different children– whatever fits YOUR family!
- We aren’t meeting in SS but here is something YOU can be doing as a FAMILY at HOME ….
- Devotional to be doing at Home as a Family I love this resource! I’ll be following along!
- Make sure to check email and the website for all your children’s weekly take home pages from SS! (Babies through 5th grade) I hope you will be intentional about reading the story together.
- Who doesn’t love to get mail? Let’s encourage our homebound members during this time by writing/making cards for them. Contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org for the homebound list!
Under God’s Wing
This ceremony brings parents and children together at a time when a traumatic news story or stressful event is happening in the world and if affecting the family. The beauty of this activity is that it gives children a space to talk about their feelings if they want to, but it does not demand that they speak at all. It also helps children to feel safe, protected, and sheltered. This activity would be particularly helpful for your children who are having a hard time or dealing with some anxiety!
Faith Conversion Starters
Here are some conversation starters for you and your family to use! It’s pretty simple:
- Download and print the document here, and cut out each card.
- Stack the cards on your dinner table or other gathering place.
- Once a day, have a family member draw a card, and let everyone take a turn answering the question.
- It is a fun way to stay connected, learn about each other, and keep the conversation going!
- Another way to use these- facetime friends or family members that you can’t go play with right now and ask them these questions! A great way to connect right now!
- This “game” is FOR EVERYONE!
I hope to see you all soon! I know our kids are going to come up with some great answers to these questions! I’d love to hear your answers as we stay engaged with each other!